Pittsburgh Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis has been ruled out of the regular season and the playoffs while getting treatment for blood clots.
The National Football League is dropping its blackout rule for the 2015 season.
World number three Rafael Nadal will play at the Aegon Championships at Queen’s for the first time since 2011.
Skrtel facing suspension after Anfield flash point
Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has been charged with violent conduct by the Football Association following his clash with Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea on Sunday.
Skrtel appeared to step on the Spaniard in the 95th minute of the match at Anfield, which Liverpool lost 2-1.
The FA said in a statement the incident was not seen by the officials, but was caught on video. The Slovakian has until 6pm on Tuesday to respond to the charge.
— The FA (@FA) March 23, 2015
If he were found guilty Skrtel would face a three-match ban, ruling him out of the Premier League matches against Arsenal and Newcastle and the FA Cup quarter-final replay at Blackburn.
The Reds will already have to cope without Steven Gerrard, who was sent off less than a minute after coming on as a half-time substitute for a stamp on Ander Herrera.
The defeat left Liverpool five points behind their opponents in the race for a top-four finish.
Alonso cleared to race once more
Fernando Alonso will race in the Malaysian Grand Prix as long as he comes through a final medical assessment on Thursday, his McLaren team have confirmed.
A crash in pre-season testing meant the Spaniard missed the opening round of the 2015 season in Australia as McLaren struggled towards the back of the grid – with Jenson Button finishing two laps down in 11th and last place after a string of retirements.
Alonso, returning to the Woking-based team having left Ferrari, crashed at high speed at turn three of the Circuit de Catalunya last month and suffered a concussion – with the two-time world champion not medically cleared to race in Melbourne as a result.
But a team statement read: "McLaren-Honda is pleased to announce that, subject to a successful final FIA medical assessment this Thursday 26th March at the Sepang International Circuit, Fernando Alonso will return to the cockpit of his MP4-30 car for this weekend's Malaysian Grand Prix."
Alonso practiced in the team's simulator last week as he stepped up preparations for his eventual return.
Reserve driver Kevin Magnussen stepped in for the race in Melbourne but Alonso is now ready and, along with Button, will look to move McLaren further up to the business end of the grid as they struggle to get the maximum out of their new Honda power units.
The team's statement continued: "Since his Barcelona testing accident, Fernando has followed a rigorous, specialised training programme, designed and closely monitored by leading sports scientists, to ensure his safe and timely return to racing.
"At the McLaren Technology Centre last week, Fernando met with his engineers and drove the simulator, to bring him up to date with the latest developments on the MP4-30 chassis and power unit.
"Fernando is very much looking forward to getting back into the car and making a substantial contribution to our collective efforts with Honda, to accelerate the required improvement to our on-track performance."
Alonso also gave feedback to the team and FIA on his accident.
And the team said: "While there was nothing evident in the extensive car telemetry data, nor anything abnormal in the subsequent reconstructions and laboratory tests, Fernando recalls a sense of 'heavy' steering prior to the accident.
"Consequently, the team has fitted an additional sensor to the car to increase our data capture."
Former National Football League star Darren Sharper pleaded guilty to sexual assault charges filed in Arizona on Monday and was sentenced to nine years in prison shortly before facing more sex crime charges in a Los Angeles courtroom. He is expected to enter a plea Tuesday to similar charges in Las Vegas.
Two of the biggest brands in baseball came together Monday as the parent company of Wilson Sporting Goods announced it was acquiring the intellectual property of Louisville Slugger from its original owner Hillerich & Bradsby.
Max Scherzer will be the Opening Day starter for the Washington Nationals instead of Stephen Strasburg, who has made the previous three Opening Day starts.
Former NFL All-Pro Darren Sharper has pleaded guilty to sexual assault and attempted sexual assault in a plea deal with Arizona prosecutors and was immediately sentenced to nine years in prison.
Former Grand Slam doubles tennis champion Bob Hewitt was found guilty by a South African court on Monday of two charges of rape and one charge of sexual assault of minors, the radio station Eyewitness News said.